This insurance covers events that make it impossible to take leave due to serious illness, accident or death of the participant or a relative. Details and any exclusions can be found on the insurer's website.
The total amount of compensation is limited to € 12,000 per policy and the insured's deductible is 10%. Upon cancellation of the tour, the travel agency will issue a confirmation of the amount of cancellation fees charged. The participant will submit this certificate together with a doctor's certificate and the relevant form to the insurance company, which will then pay 90% of the cancellation fees.
Summary of insurance cover
Cancellation or curtailment of travel due to:
- Death, illness or accident of the insured
- Death, illness or accident of a family member
- Termination of employment due to redundancy
- Summons to appear in court to give evidence
- Other events see policy conditions
Cancellation fee insurance is subject to a premium of 4% of the tour price.